12/21/2010

Hard Blues that Hits like a Two by Four

I am no major Tom Petty fan, in fact he barely existed within my music library, if at all, before this song. It's not that I don't consider him talented, I was just never interested enough. My one memory of Petty was his deadpan demeanor when performing at the Superbowl halftime show, he resembled a zombie or something. Despite this, I Should Have Known It is so dirty, so hard, so pure blues rock, I was taken aback when I first heard it. Its Zeppelin, adapted to contemporary american music, in order to create a monster of a hard blues track. I can listen to this song over, and over, and over, and over.  Props Tom Petty, you just earned my respect, and a lot of it. 



Tom Petty - I Should Have Known It

Here is a bonus, from one of the greatest, Johnny Cash. Ain't No Grave from American VI: Ain't No Grave, the final in the American series, to commemorate Cash's 78th birthday.

Johnny Cash - Ain't No Grave

No comments:

Post a Comment